Welcome, CCC Members!
As a non-profit CCS professional, you’re doing vital work to assist Canadians, alongside government, front-line workers, volunteers and members of the corporate community.
Thank you for your dedication and thank you for ensuring Canadians have a non-profit, charitable source to turn to for support at this momentous time of change. Be sure to check back here often for the latest association news!
Featured Members Video of the Week!
Listen to how one of our members is ensuring continuity of service during the pandemic. If you have a story you’d like to share, email us to arrange a videolog interview.
Every newsletter, we want to share your agency feel-good stories…How you did it stories and testimonials!!
We look forward to sharing more best practices and encouraging moments from our members in the weeks and moments ahead.
I just spoke to one of my clients yesterday who was born in 1938. She just received an inheritance and can pay off all her debt here, plus she paid off her sister who really came through for her when she was down and out. She has been on the program for a while and made her payments each month.
She is so happy to be debt-free and was so appreciative of our service and how she was not made to feel less than the lovely lady she really is. She is tickled pink that she can pay everything and save, and is hoping to go on a small vacation once she saves up the money for it, which she now can do. She made my day!
I have just finished another session with BCIT students on Debt, Credit and Budgeting with Anita as presenter. Due to the current pandemic this session was delivered as a webinar. It was mostly smooth sailing, and my point in sending this message is to express my gratitude for Anita’s calm, competence, knowledge and kindness. It has been a really wild ride here in the financial aid office for the past several weeks, and my every contact with Anita has made my day easier and brighter.
The students were quick to express their appreciation as well, verbally (when we turned their microphones on) and in the chat window.
In The News
- No surge in Canadians seeking credit counselling – so far
- Government aid packages have prevented a surge in the number of Canadians seeking help from credit counsellors – so far
- COVID-19′s economic impact is likely to linger, so it’s important to think long-term with your finances
- Can I put off car payments and insurance premiums because of COVID-19?
- Freelancers and business owners worry about paying household bills as economy shuts down.
- Consumer debt returns for bankruptcy filers
- Can a traffic ticket from another country hurt my credit rating or driving record?
- Teach your teenager credit card skills before they leave home for college or university.